Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childcare in Balham

(3 Posts)
Ninja35 Thu 11-Aug-11 22:54:11

Hi there, does anyone know of any good childminders/nannies/nannyshares that might be available starting the week of August 22nd or thereabouts at all?I'm a freelance TV producer needing sporadic childcare (3 months on, then off etc) and I had no idea how difficult this working arrangement is given the fact I don't have a steady, permanent job! Eeek. Any advice would be huuuugely appreciated! Thank you!

starrystarrynights Thu 11-Aug-11 23:09:57

Hi Ninja,

How old are your DC? Have you considered an au-pair at all?

We're not far from you in Streatham Hill and our au-pair is likely to have a couple of weeks of from the 22nd as DD is visiting her grandparents so PM me if you are stuck and we could see if she was available at all.

We did use a childminder for a short period but not one that I would recommend!

Ninja35 Sat 13-Aug-11 22:38:13

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your message! That's wonderful news! That would be just great, if you wouldn't mind asking if she would be free? Our son is 18 months old.

It might just be the week of the 29th if that sounds better for her? Ideally from 22nd, but could possibly get mother in law down on 22nd week and just need her then w/c 29th?

Thank you so much, really kind of you.

Just out of interest, what's the difference between an au pair and nanny? And price wise how does it work?

Thank you!
X

So sorry to ask, we're so new to all this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now