Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

pre registration visit for childminding

(7 Posts)
Ninabo Thu 11-Aug-11 20:24:04

Hi I've my registration visit tomorrow with OFSTED and i'm very prepared however when it came to finding my driving licence and birth certificate I can't find them, somewhere between completing my CRB and this visit I've misplaced them!!!! I'm gutted does this mean I have to cancel my visit??? can another childminder advise me? I've a crb, photo id from my current employers and lots of bills, utilities to prove I'm me but will this be acceptable?

nannynick Thu 11-Aug-11 20:46:45

When you say completing your CRB do you mean you filled the form out and the inspector is visiting you to sign off the ID documents?

If so, then you need to find the ID documents I feel. Passport is the most useful.

When you say you've got a CRB... do you mean you have the applicant copy back?

Ninabo Thu 11-Aug-11 20:54:08

I've sent my crb application form off and it's in the process of being completed. The visit from Ofsted is my registration visit where she will interview me on eyfs, look at my home and decide if i'm an appropriate person. The crb i have in my possession is from last year in my previous job as a residential care worker in a childrens home.

glenthebattleostrich Thu 11-Aug-11 22:40:57

When I had my inspection in May, the inspector didn't ask to see my I.D. documents (not sure if he should have) although he did ask for my CRB check.

Ninabo Fri 12-Aug-11 15:07:50

Hi thanks for that, it turned out it wasn't a problem like you said, thanks for getting back to me. :0) I also got my registration!! Yey, just need to get some business now!!

nannynick Fri 12-Aug-11 15:14:48

Good to hear it wasn't a problem. Hope your registration certificate comes through quickly. Good luck with filling your spaces.

Ninabo Fri 12-Aug-11 15:16:16

Thank you thats really nice of you. Take care x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now