Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help with risk assessment please

(6 Posts)
MUM2BLESS Thu 11-Aug-11 10:29:48

I do risk assessements daily indoors and whilst out with the kids (in my head usually). I am very aware that Ofsted want to see it on paper.

I would like to get my forms sorted (risk assessments). What are the differnet types of risk assessment needed and what are the forms you use?

I want to do the assessment without having lots of paper. How often do you do a new form?

All ideas appreciated. THANKS grin

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Thu 11-Aug-11 10:38:50

i do a weekly one as a tick chart for my home and then just update my going out ones as needed (ensuring it is dated and signed accordingly)

MUM2BLESS Thu 11-Aug-11 22:25:53

Thanks Paula.... much appreciated. Love nickname grin

nannyboo1 Fri 12-Aug-11 00:43:55

I have a daily risk assessment list that is checked each day. Mine is laminated and i use a wipe on wipe off pen on this and then note in my diary that it has been done.(Ofsted like to see written evidence). Th other Risk Assessments e.g. school run, visit to the library, etc are written and kept in a folder these are reviewed every 6 months or if a new child starts in the setting or moves up a stage of development e.g. crawling to walking. The only time I do anything with these is if something changes on them and then I use a review sheet to note what has changed.

MUM2BLESS Fri 12-Aug-11 09:48:09

Thanks nannyboo1

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 12-Aug-11 10:03:16

I have a plethora of RAs

Daily check of premises and garden done visually, I wrote on my home and garden RA that I do them daily, Ofsted happy

From memory my RAs include: Going to shops/woods/parks and playgrounds/school run/walking in town/non-specific toy play (beading, threading pasta etc)/hot weather/snow play/travel by car/travel by public transport, gawd loads and loads

I review annually, and when a child starts, or when a change occurs

When you review remember to write who reviewed (you the CM) and the date

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now