Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Risk assesments, Policies, forms and procedures.

(10 Posts)
hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 13:40:54

I have been putting everything together so i am fully prepared when i have my registration visit, Is there any current CM's out there who could take a look at my list and see if i am missing anything?

(will post if i get replies)

Thanks

LesbianMummy1 Mon 08-Aug-11 14:10:58

I can if you want

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 14:22:14

Thanks mummy!

These are what i have so far!

Childs routine and information form
Allergies the childminder needs to be aware of
First aid permissions form
Observations permission form
Outdoor play & equipment permission form
Photograph sharing permission form
Routine outings permission form
Sun protection permission form
Television permission form
Transporting a child in a vehicle permission form
Asthma policy
Sickness & medicine policy
Procedure for complaints or allegations against the childminder

boombangabang Mon 08-Aug-11 19:28:00

complaints and allegations are different procedures - by allegations I assume you are referring to child protection issues, therefore these are referred on for Ofsted or the police to investigate. Complaints are about your service not being up to scratch for whatever reason

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 19:33:58

Oh, so should i do 2 seperate sheets for that?

boombangabang Mon 08-Aug-11 19:42:01

Yes, your complaints policy should have a procedure where you investigate all complaints yourself and respond in the same way they were submitted i.e. a verbal complaint is responded to verbally (but you still need to keep a record for Ofsted) and written complaints on paper etc. Complaints records have to be kept for 3 years and shown on request to parents and Ofsted inspectors.

Child protection policy is where you include a procedure for allegations against yourself but it should also include how you deal with suspected abuse and allegations against parents and carers (who you refer on to, how you keep records of suspect injuries and important information that may be significant). A lot of this is basically record keeping and referring on it you think there is cause for concern.

So yes, 2 separate things (I got this confused myself and had it explained by the Ofsted lady)

boombangabang Mon 08-Aug-11 19:48:06

This is a list of what I have - I think the Lost Child policy, safeguarding, complaints and Equal Opps are the only mandatory ones, but most cms have more:

Setting Prospectus

Form to sign to say they have read all the policies

Permissions Form – photography, outdoor play, trips out, snacks, swimming pool, sun cream, first aid, emergency medical treatment, transport to hospital in case of emergency (these permissions are also on the Accident Incident and Emergency Policy, and on the contract?)

Accident, Incident and Emergency Policy
Safeguarding (child protection) policy
Behaviour management policy
Sickness Policy: Childminders, Childminders children, mindees
Complaints Procedure
Confidentiality Policy
Late collection and failure to collect Policy
Late payment of fees policy
Lost child policy
Evacuation Procedure
Equal Opportunities Policy
Visitors to the setting Policy
Sustainability policy
Transporting children in a car policy
Medicines Policy
Settling In policy
Working in partnership with parents policy
Health and Safety Policy (cars, sleeping, eating, playing)
Heatwave policy

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 21:07:15

Thanks for your tips, I don't suppose I could be really cheeky and ask you to have a look at the complaints policy I put together?

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 21:07:15

Thanks for your tips, I don't suppose I could be really cheeky and ask you to have a look at the complaints policy I put together?

boombangabang Tue 09-Aug-11 14:21:30

Hi, can do that no prob if you want to PM me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now