Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving present

(9 Posts)
champagnesupernova Mon 08-Aug-11 10:58:44

Can anyone suggest a good leaving presnet for a nanny "from" her charges?
Thanks

champagnesupernova Mon 08-Aug-11 11:56:14

Bump - budget around £100??

champagnesupernova Mon 08-Aug-11 15:44:34

anyone else??
<hopeful/bambi eyes>

Karoleann Mon 08-Aug-11 17:26:21

I've had two nannies leave recently one was with us for 3.5 years and I got her a silver tiffany keyring. The other for 4 months and I bought her a purse. The other thing I thought about was a voucher for a massage/facial/spa day.
I also took a picture of me and kids and had a card made on one of those websites where you can order cards and download a picture onto it

mymumdom Mon 08-Aug-11 17:28:56

What does she like to do? We bought our last nanny a new bridle for her horse because she was really into riding.

Joggingqueen Mon 08-Aug-11 17:48:02

I was given a Dolce&Gabana watch from my family I was with for 3.5 years and was really touched by it, epsecially as my eldeest charge had picked it.

Also had framed pictures of the children from them and another family which I love.

Jellyelly Tue 09-Aug-11 18:49:35

We gave ours a pendant, and a photobook with pictures of the children, including some of her with the children, which she loved.

HappyAsIAm Wed 10-Aug-11 10:54:27

A bit boring I know, but whenever I have given nannies a gift (Christmas/birthday/Easter/leaving to have a baby etc), I have given John Lewis vouchers. can't go wrong imo.

And I love receiving vouchers myself!

partystress Wed 10-Aug-11 11:00:41

We have just said goodbye to the best nanny in the world and she gave us the most fabulous leaving present, which would work just as well to give to a nanny. Its an embroidered picture of the 4 of us, plus pets, with the date and a lovely handwritten message. Apparently from a website called notonthehightstreet - you describe what you want and they produce it. Quite the loveliest present I have ever been given. You could have her and your DCs in it, or a scene from a favourite place they visited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now