Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Flippin Ofsted! grr...

(9 Posts)
hellospoon Sat 06-Aug-11 22:08:29

Just a little impatient moan!

I am registering to be a Childminder so far;

-Forms sent off to Ofsted
- Health form done by the doctor and sent to Ofsted
- All forms recieved by Ofsted
- Phone call from Ofsted to say they are sending the CRB things out and i need to pay the £35 when i get the invoice - fine no problem, they said i would get the CRB for withing 4 days.. that was 12 days ago they said that!
- Thursday both my references received their forms to send out, they both sent them back to Ofsted yesterday, so i called to find out where these CRB and invoice forms are, they said i should have them but have had to re-send!

So annoyed! the CRB is the longest bit and that is all i am going to be waiting for!

I have even filled in that questions form they advise you to do! need to do a risk assesment though will do that tomorrow i think! i have even converted our front junk room into the PLay room and invested in a small TV/DVD player for down-time, Also looking for a small sofa for in there aswell!

I am not sure i will be registered by the end of September at this rate! sad

Vajazzler Sat 06-Aug-11 22:41:52

If it's any comfort I gave the school secretary my crb form (as I am becoming a parent governor) on 22nd July. Not sure how quickly she posted it but I received the certificate this thursday so it took about 2 weeks to arrive.

hellospoon Sat 06-Aug-11 22:54:02

Oh really, that is good to know!

I am hoping it is a quick turn-over.. we have 3 to get back!

gardenpixies32 Sun 07-Aug-11 10:36:30

It is a very time consuming process and you need to be on the ball with all the bits of paperwork.

I have had a CRB for 10 years working as a teacher so I thought mine would be done pretty quickly, I was wrong, it took 6 weeks!!!!!

On the plus side, my OH (who has never had one), his only took about 2 weeks. So you never know.

hellospoon Sun 07-Aug-11 10:43:39

I think it depends on which agent does it and their workload at the time. I guess I will just wait and see!

I think I'm going to really keep on at them the next week or so as I want this sorted.

Then I have the mission of finding mindees! [Confused]

hellospoon Sun 07-Aug-11 10:43:40

I think it depends on which agent does it and their workload at the time. I guess I will just wait and see!

I think I'm going to really keep on at them the next week or so as I want this sorted.

Then I have the mission of finding mindees! [Confused]

TinyDiamond Sun 07-Aug-11 22:07:28

With CRBs it often depends with how many addresses you have lived at previously too. Don't know if this is an issue for you but each time I have had to renew mine it's taken 12 weeks + as I've moved around alot as I rent. I really hope it's nice and quick for you

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 08:23:35

12 weeks? Omg!

I have moved loads of the last 5 years but have listed the dates according to the council tax records. Iv lived in the same district!

I really hope it doesn't take 12 weeks! I need to start working before xmas! Were so skint its unreal!x

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 08:23:35

12 weeks? Omg!

I have moved loads of the last 5 years but have listed the dates according to the council tax records. Iv lived in the same district!

I really hope it doesn't take 12 weeks! I need to start working before xmas! Were so skint its unreal!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now