Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanyny is sharing families and doubling salary

(5 Posts)
mummyhuggle Fri 05-Aug-11 18:35:35

I pay a nanny £10.25 to look after DS 6 and DD 4. She only works 10 hours fo rme so has found herself another job to add up to something reasonable. Over the summer she has been doubling the 2 jobs(4 yr old girl) when we have both wanted her to work the same day ( I only asked to work 4 days over the 6week summer holidays). She has charged us both full. On the 4 days I think she had the other girl for part of 3 of them.

The last time she did she told me the night before.

How have other people dealt with this type of arrangment

thanks

EssentialFattyAcid Fri 05-Aug-11 18:44:27

Maybe if you object she will look after the other child in the hols in preference to yours.

If this is only happening 4 times a year I wouldn't make a fuss as looking after several children is more work therefore reasonable to be paid more surely?

nannynick Fri 05-Aug-11 19:41:59

When your nanny comes to your home to care for your children, they should only be caring for your children. Are you saying that another child has been coming to your house who you don't know a lot about?

Over the summer holidays are you not still contracted to pay for the 10 hours per week of care?

Not sure what your arrangement is with this person... possibly it's quite informal - is there any kind of written agreement?

mummyhuggle Sat 06-Aug-11 21:59:32

I am paying her over the holidays for 10 hours: on full days that clocks up and she is using up holidays for the other days. Fairly formal arrangment, paid to register her, I pay payroll agency to run tax, 6 weeks hols equivalnet etc.

Never wrote up cpntract - guess I need to do that and be explict about caring for other children.

thanks

nannynick Sat 06-Aug-11 22:27:57

So does that mean you have contracted her to work for you for one day per week which is 10 hours long - is that right? If so then she should be caring only for your child, not anyone else at that time, without your prior approval.

Yes you should have a written statement in place so it is clearer as to what the terms of the work agreement are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now