Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

the worst peril of childminding is

(12 Posts)
thebody Thu 04-Aug-11 20:02:50

BLOODY GLITTER am serious.. its every bloody where.. worse than paint or playdoh, my house is like the mine in snow white.... but with no bloody dwarfs singing or cleaning. just me moaning and vaccuming.... god defend me from craft play thursday...

ds just left to go to the pub with mates and he has glitter on his jeans bum.... didnt tell him though...

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 04-Aug-11 20:06:50

I farking hate glitter too

I have moderate success with taping newspaper to the table then folding it all inwards but there is ALWAYS escaped stuff that kind of eddies in the nooks and crannies

ho hum

grin

Booh Thu 04-Aug-11 20:41:07

There isnt much banned from my house, but glitter is one, and moon sand is another!

However, I love a bit of shaving foam!

HSMM Thu 04-Aug-11 20:48:09

My DH is a glitterphobe. I have always loved it, particularly around Christmas time, but he always seemed to think it was not good form to go to a business meeting with glitter on the end of his nose grin.

TwistAndShout Thu 04-Aug-11 21:51:35

Oh no, sand is much worse!

I've started only letting them use it at the end of the garden so most of it doesn't reach the house (though some still does).

mamamaisie Thu 04-Aug-11 22:06:44

Oooh, I hate glitter too. I don't let my own children or mindees use it. If they want glitter I am happy to buy sparkly stickersgrin

anewyear Fri 05-Aug-11 20:35:24

I dont mind glitter...
so long as they use it outside...he he he

Tanith Sun 07-Aug-11 17:05:57

A child my friend was minding got glitter in his eye and the hospital couldn't get it out - had to hope that it would work out by itself. Apparently it's not uncommon.
We've banned it, too. Horrible stuff!

surfandturf Mon 08-Aug-11 12:03:26

Play Doh is the work of the devil and glitter is a close second.

I'm also fed up of hoovering up grass, as I mowed the lawn recently and that keeps getting trodden all through the house arghhh!

Numberfour Tue 09-Aug-11 07:23:07

When we moved house, I said NO painting inside and NO play dough. Glitter I have allowed twice (been minding since 2006) and both times I put that down to severe missing brain disease!!

thebody Tue 09-Aug-11 20:27:09

thought so.. just had new carpets laid throughout the house.... am now hunched like a bloody dwarf anyway from lifting soddin furniture...

but now all GLITTER FREE... and not smelling faint whiffs of sick and wee and thats just bloody dh!! ha ha

will c how long it lasts... ban glitter I say.. and paint and playdoh.... but as a childminder maybe thats not quite the rite attitude.. but one can dream...

sassyminder Tue 09-Aug-11 23:11:50

I dont care if ofsted will rate me low. I am movind to a nice new place though it is rented and I don't own the furniture but I am happy coz is 100x better than the shithole I am in right now, so I will be bery very strict and my 1st rule will be NO messy play AT ALL. The children can do messy play at sure start or 1 o;clock club

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now