Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

hello

(7 Posts)
pat1066 Mon 01-Aug-11 15:47:50

hi
new to mn but been minding for a while. need to get my act together as i have been very very lazy re eyfs. new mindees start in sept and i wondered what yo all do with regard to an initial assesment/observation? do you have a tick sheet?
thanks

missymoo2411 Mon 01-Aug-11 21:44:38

i give parents a questionair to fill out its the one on bromley web site and just addapt it and i then spend the 1st 4 week getting to know the child a settling in befor doing any obbs .as in previous tmes ive started a profile in the settling in period and then the mindee left .

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Aug-11 22:02:41

yes I observe for a month or so, then in conjunction with the All About Me form I use (I like this, I like that, I don't like the other, I can do this that and the other) then get going on my development record (I use a grid provided by my LEA)

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Aug-11 22:03:20

oh gosh, how rude

hello and welcome, please forgive me blush

pat1066 Tue 02-Aug-11 06:41:49

hi missymoo, would that be the individual needs form on the bromley site?
\THanks everyone

thebody Tue 02-Aug-11 08:19:30

hi welcome.. lovely to talk.. lots of great support and ideas on here for cms.

i observe for a month, get parents to write a narrative idea of a typical day with their child, sleeps, likes and dislikes, preferences, then i do a base line assessment and goal plan...from then on i do monthly obs...

ofsted inspector was fine with this, we all work differently as there is no real set in stone method.. she felt i was acttually doing too much but better than being found wantin girls...

missymoo2411 Tue 02-Aug-11 16:47:16

hi pat1066 yes it is i then take out the bits i dont need and re type what i do need its much easer than not knowing were to start and as im no good withcomputers passed typing its a god send ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now