Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

thebody-you have made me cry...

(8 Posts)
NotEnoughTime Mon 01-Aug-11 10:35:56

I have just been reading an old thread (about a CM who was always in her pj's at the start of her working day. hmm)

Anyway you wrote something along the lines of "Im always ready and waiting for my important clients (mindees) to arrive" and I can honestly say it has brought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat that you described the children you look after in this way.

You are absolutely right. I bet you are a fab CM as you have got a lovely attitude. smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 01-Aug-11 17:32:34

oh that is really nice

[manly punch to shoulder]

anewyear Mon 01-Aug-11 18:50:55

Today, for the 1st time ever in the 3 years Ive been minding, I answered the door in my dressing gown to a mindee...

I was so NOT expecting him!!

He is an after schooler, term time only contract!!

I occasionally look after him during the school hoidays, he is generally farmed out
so they dont have to pay me basically (and I know this as theyve told me this to my face before now)
to whoever in his family can take him
His parents generally let me know if they need care a few days before they actually need it. I have no problem with this.
They have been on holiday, so apparently forgot to ask!!

It was going to be my day off..
so changed our (my boys 13 & 10yrs) plans to fit him in, My own kids were so dissapointed.
But hey ho..
so will make it up to them another time.. Hopefully

HSMM Mon 01-Aug-11 21:00:06

grin

thebody Mon 01-Aug-11 22:21:05

shite... is that me.. thanks very much.. dont know deserve praise like that but hey fine with me.. do feel that way about my important guests.. often said i bring a tear to the eye though not in a usually good way.. thanks so much though, how nice ..

aneywear.. thats so bad for you, especially as your boys were upset.. not really acceptable that... i must be lucky as can guarantee none of my present parents would pulll a stunt like that.. also a shame because you need your own kids on board for child minding and something like this could make them resent the mindees...

minderjinx Mon 01-Aug-11 22:28:23

My son said (in all seriousness) to one of my parents "I don't know why you pay Mum, we should pay you for borrowing your children". Hmmm, nice sentiment, but I won't be taking him on as my business manager!

NotEnoughTime Mon 01-Aug-11 22:36:47

thebody smile

minderjix grin

anewyear Tue 02-Aug-11 09:18:57

Well they dont seem to like/enjoy having them here to be honest, especially my almost 10 yr old.
The oldest one especially during the summer months is out and about with his mates so it doesnt really bother him that much it seems,
the youngest one isnt as confident as the eldest, and spends a lot of time at home, and has only just started playing out with his freinds.
And as Ive said to them it helps pay the bills and gets them a treat once in a while, but at almost 10 & 13 they still think money grows on trees.. and treats appear as if by magic..

All the kids I mind are lovley, unfortunatly, I think its the parents that can be a pain, saying that they are mostley ok smile we only get a blip every now and then..would be nice if they all thought a bit more..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now