Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Recording CDP vs Childminding

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Thu 28-Jul-11 20:56:25

I operate as a group childminding setting and I am also registered as Childcare on Domestic Premises

They have quite distinct rules around them but I comply with both

CDP has the difference that:
- there are more than 3 childminders and/or assistants working
- if there are more than 10 children over 2 we make 'alternative toileting arrangements'
- Childminding limits under 1's CDP limits under 2's

So, I need to record this - currently I have a register of who is on duty, & what children are present; it's time consuming

In September we are expanding. We are having an extra helper to do paperwork and cooking etc & we need to think about this recording and how to improve it.

If the 4th person is not working with the children we are childminding

If they are working with the children we are CDP

Do we need to 'mark' or indicate they aren't working with the children in some way (a scarf? a badge?)

Is there a better way to record the facts?

HSMM Fri 29-Jul-11 10:31:57

Not quite the same ... but

I work with DH and Ofsted said we must record when we are working together and when we are working separately, so is there some way to note in your register who is on duty or not? Even if it is just a * against their attendance details, or something?

Try and keep it simple anyway, whatever you decide.

KatyMac Fri 29-Jul-11 14:36:37

That's it isn't it; it must be very easy

KatyMac Fri 29-Jul-11 21:28:50

Bump for help?

mranchovy Sat 30-Jul-11 00:05:30

Different section of the register for admin person? Could have the same to distinguish supervisors/assistants too. Don't see much point in something visual, surely this is only important for record keeping? Otherwise it becomes a bit silly - like a 'prefect badge' or something.

KatyMac Sat 30-Jul-11 07:46:27

But it won't always be the same person

A could be cooking lunch, the B do some filing, A does a bit more lunch then C does some paperwork, B does the dishes and then D starts the tea

Maybe I should just be CDP between 9 & 3 irrespective (mind you I need to track over and under 2's in that case

mranchovy Sat 30-Jul-11 23:10:24

But it won't always be the same person
Exactly - so have the relevant people sign in both parts of the register for the appropriate times. Or is everyone doing a bit of non-contact work from time to time? In that case, it sounds like your last suggestion may be the simplest answer.

KatyMac Sun 31-Jul-11 08:40:43

I do wonder

I'll have a chat to my ladies & see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now