Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Diaries for older mindees?

(4 Posts)
fivesacrowd Thu 28-Jul-11 13:57:50

Hi everyone, just on to pick your brains. Have 8yo mindee one day after school and a few days in hols. Was at after school and her mum doesn't see why she needs a diary cos after school club never reported back to them and she tells them what she does at mine plus she's usually got some sort of arty crafty thing or baking to take home. I record what we do in my diary, but don't think that inspectors will think thats enough so need to find some way of showing them I'm communicating with parents without giving parents paperwork they could really do without! Help Please smile

apotomak Thu 28-Jul-11 15:19:00

Inspectors only want to know about EYFS children. You don't have to do anything paperwork wise for older ... to be honest you don't even have to do activities. You just need contract and relevant permissions. Any more than you do is an extra.

HSMM Thu 28-Jul-11 15:26:07

Like apotomak said - Inspectors only seem to care about EYFS (apart from necessary forms).

If asked, you can demonstrate that you have a list of activities carried out and explain that the parent has specifically requested a verbal handover, not written. This comes under 'working with parents'.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 28-Jul-11 17:07:33

gawd no need at ALL once out of EYFS, hurrah

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: