Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Need to make it up to CM

(5 Posts)
ApuskiDusky Thu 28-Jul-11 08:42:04

Am very blush - I have just taken my son round to his CM, only to find that she had told us a month ago that she was taking today off as it was her wedding anniversary. She'd put it in the letter with the last invoice, DH deals with that stuff as he does pick ups so I never saw the letter.

So I have ruined her lie-in, she seemed pretty pissed off though hiding it pretty well in front of ds. Have already apologised. I have already had a go at DH for not writing up this stuff on the calendar. What should I do to make it up to her, I hate any bad atmosphere.

TIA

thebody Thu 28-Jul-11 08:48:16

hi there, i am a cm and i wouldnt be too pissed off with you.. i would just be glad to have a day off anyway. sure she went straight back to sleep(no i would).. pehaps an apologetic text later or a chocci box when you next go.

everyone makes mistakes, sure she be fine with you, after all she is running a business and you are the client, so we all have to swallow and smile sometimes!!! ( sorry that sounds a bit rude )

ApuskiDusky Thu 28-Jul-11 10:01:13

Thanks, thebody, I am recovering from my mortification a bit now. I think I'll do as you suggest and give her some chocolates as a sorry/happy anniversary gift when we next see her.

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 28-Jul-11 17:12:02

oh bless you

we all make mistakes

I've rung a parent early in the morning in a terrible lather ''omg there's been an accident and the road's shut so go the long way'' only for them to say ''um but it's Friday, you don't work Fridays you numpty''

pippin26 Fri 29-Jul-11 10:20:39

Aww bless ya - is a genuine mistake.

She might be pee'd off at the missed lie it (are you sure that's ALL you disturbed wink wink lol).....

write her a note/card - saying how bad you feel and stick a gift voucher in..... or a bottle of wine.....(ok hand that one over not put it in the card lol) or give her a pair of cinema tickets....

I am sure she will be fine.... smile

I have rung a parent.. where are you - are you ok???? errr yes fine thanks - you have taken the day of haven't you???? durrrrr I felt like a prat! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now