Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

the going rate for a nanny looking after 2 year old twins and a 7 month old baby

(6 Posts)
flower1983 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:43:05

What is the going rate in London?

RitaMorgan Thu 28-Jul-11 10:03:42

Depends on the qualifications and experience of the nanny, whether it's full or part time - probably looking at a range of £9-£15+ gross an hour, plus extras. A little less if you offer accomodation.

It would depend on nanny experience and quals I am guessing you would want an experienced nanny perhaps someone who has experience of looking after 3 children 2yrs or younger at the same time as well.

You would expect to pay £13-£16 an hr gross for a qualified and experienced nanny in London.

Oligo Fri 29-Jul-11 12:52:57

I did these ages but as a share and was 16£ gross/hour (zone 2 east). depends where exactly in london i think as you could offer less and get plenty of responses but might not get the best candidates applying. I really loved the job but wouldn't have done/applied for it for less. No sit down time at all for 11 hours adn multiple cups of tea left cold on side. Think some of that had to do with the home environment though.

Gastonladybird Fri 29-Jul-11 13:22:35

also arent shares generally higher per hour rate given hassle involved (my nanny used to be a share and basically rarely got to take a holiday)

Gastonladybird Fri 29-Jul-11 13:23:30

also am in outer london and would generally be looking at lower end of scale depending on qualifications /experience (there are a few nannies looking I know round here which prob keeps the scale low)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now