Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Does anyone use a taxi company to get their children from school to a Childminder?

(6 Posts)
TheGoddessBlossom Wed 27-Jul-11 15:39:43

I am being forced to consider this as have a few CMs that have spaces near where we live but none can collect from our school due to already doung a school run somewhere else! Current CM pregnant so finishing in September.

I am not keen on the idea, and it would have to be the same driver every day from a taxi firm I know and trust, and I would have to ask the school what they thought, but wondered if anyone on MN had any experience of doing this?

Thanks,

Bloss

longjane Wed 27-Jul-11 17:57:10

try phoning your education dept
they do provide taxi travel for children who need it and you might be able to share a taxi
and as some one who has used this service i can tell you wont get the same taxi driver but they will be crb checked.

HSMM Wed 27-Jul-11 20:56:23

You would probably also have to make the school aware. I had to send a taxi for my DD at Secondary School last term and the phone calls involved were unbelievable.

Like longjane said - there are specific drivers for school runs, who have been through checks. Alternatively, you could find a local driver you trust, or maybe come to an arrangement with another parent?

gardenpixies32 Wed 27-Jul-11 21:46:11

A child in the secondary school I taught in (from year 7 onwards) was dropped off and collected in a taxi each day. His was for medical reasons though, however, I am sure this may be possible.

jendot Sun 31-Jul-11 21:41:48

Can you ask around the parents, I have in the past dropped a classmate of ds to his cms every day after school....was given chocolate and wine in compensation! Wasn't really out of our way. Seemed like a great deal to me....

HeatherSmall Tue 02-Aug-11 22:45:13

I have to say I am considering this, I don't like it but the local taxi firm CRB checks their drivers, which means they haven't been caught yet not that they've done nothing though I guess sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now