Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

awkward : asking for my wages

(9 Posts)
bubaluchy Thu 21-Jul-11 18:02:51

I usually get paid by cheque on a Saturday, but today (Thursday) was my last day for a week as I'm off on holiday for a week, my boss forgot to pay me and now I have to ring and ask for it to be dropped at my house before I go or to pick it up, I feel very awkward having to ask for my money but I need it as my rent comes out of my account whilst I'm away.
Do you think I should call and ask for it, how should I say it?
Any thoughts appreciated.

BlameItOnTheBogey Thu 21-Jul-11 18:07:48

I say just pick up the phone and say; just wondering when would be a good time to swing by to pick up my wages? Very breezy.

I have - to my shame - forgotten to pay our nanny once in the past and was so pleased that she just reminded me rather than kept quiet.

nbee84 Thu 21-Jul-11 18:10:27

No need to feel awkward - you just ring up and say "Hi, I need to pop by to pick up my wages before I go on holiday"

You don't need to say why but if you want to you just add "as my rent is due while i'm away"

nannyl Thu 21-Jul-11 18:18:00

agree with the above posts...

if you really dont wanna say it you could text. smile

bubaluchy Thu 21-Jul-11 18:26:25

Thanks everyone- disaster averted smile boss called back and just told me to pick it up tomorrow so I shall. (Bit disgruntled that I have to go and get it) (they live miles away) hmpff
Oh well at least I can enjoy my holiday now- thanks again!

Flisspaps Thu 21-Jul-11 18:29:01

Brilliant. Have a lovely time smile

bubaluchy Thu 21-Jul-11 19:38:40

thank you! smile

nannynick Thu 21-Jul-11 20:44:48

Going forward, how about trying to get your boss to pay you direct into your bank account. May well be easier for both of you.

bubaluchy Thu 21-Jul-11 21:48:02

Thank's nannynick - I'm just crap at communicating with her (having being bullied continuously by my last boss for 2 year solid I am VERY passive at work I am the, 'yes nanny'!) sad
even though current boss is a lovely lady

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now