Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How long does it take "realistically" to become a reg CM

(8 Posts)
Emandwilliam Thu 21-Jul-11 17:57:52

Ive been told 3 months for training then you reg with ofsted....I've got a feeling it's not as easy as that!! Advise please?? X

gardenpixies32 Thu 21-Jul-11 19:30:34

I went on the pre-reg course in April 2010 and I was fully registered with all paperwork done and Ofsted initial visit by the middle of December 2010 (so almost 9 months!) I filled in and sent off paperwork asap. The reason it took so long was due to things I couldnt control like First Aid course being booked and I could only complete the course in September etc...

mamamaisie Thu 21-Jul-11 21:43:28

When I registered it took me 18 months. Ofsted was pretty quick with everything but the council really dragged their feet. My husband's crb check took about a million years ...

NickNacks Thu 21-Jul-11 22:21:50

13 months for me from enquiring at the council to certificate in hand.

Emandwilliam Fri 22-Jul-11 11:05:09

Thanks for info. I've contacted my local authority, ncma regarding the training, and British red cross and have dates for first aid courses - So just need to get the ball rolling really. I'd like ideally to start end of jan 2012 when my ds is 1 year old but from your posts will probably be a little later. Am i correct in thinking that I could have up to 2 other children to care for? I only have one child myself.

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Fri 22-Jul-11 18:14:15

took me 14 months.

it isn't a quick process

sandym3g Sat 23-Jul-11 11:10:36

Took me and my DH 5 months. We did the training early on and it was the crb that took the longest. From what I have heard that was really quick athough for us it was too long as my DH had to give up the work he was in to do the training. Fortunatly we did have savings to fall back on. In fact that was all eaten into. But we did get some assistance too.

Tas1 Sat 23-Jul-11 14:34:52

It took me 9 months from start to finish and that was with me pushing all the way, otherwise it would have taken longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now