Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au pair food costs for the coming week

(4 Posts)
lemonandhoney Thu 21-Jul-11 16:22:12

We're going away - she is coming with us for a few days, then returning home. She'll be in the house on her own for five nights. There's plenty of food in the cupboard and freezer, but there won't be anything fresh, so I want to leave her some money to buy milk, veg etc. What's reasonable, do you think? I was thinking £30 - she's obviously more than welcome to help herself to anything that's already in the house, and I will do a big shop on the day we get home.

nannyl Thu 21-Jul-11 18:23:33

i think £30 is more than enough if you have cupboards and a freezer full of food smile

MotherPanda Thu 21-Jul-11 18:24:54

Only a couple of years ago Me and DH used to spend £20 a week on all our food shopping - so i'm sure that will be plenty!

jendot Fri 22-Jul-11 12:45:27

I would say £20 would be plenty for 1 person for 5 nights...whatever you leave she will prob blow on a night out and then eat from the freeer/ cupboards etc anyway!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now