Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Is it possible to drop dcs at a nursery for just one day?

(12 Posts)
headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 15:43:29

I've totally messed up and I've got a day when our nanny is still away on holiday and neither dh or I can get leave from work so I have no childcare for that day. Is it possible to use a nursery for just one day?

Are there any other options for just one day's childcare?

LIZS Thu 21-Jul-11 15:49:45

Possibly if they have some away on holiday or try a childminder perhaps? How old, too young for a holiday club still ?

headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 15:50:57

yeah, too young for holiday club. 18 months and 3.10yrs...

LoonyRationalist Thu 21-Jul-11 16:28:44

I'd second calling some childminders - many have spare capacity in the holidays

headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 16:31:40

would that be the kindest thing for the dcs? I am a bit worried about having to drop them somewhere new for just one day.

MrsOlf Thu 21-Jul-11 16:36:10

I know some nanny agencies have an emergency service for this type of situation. Might make your LOs happier if in own home?

headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 16:39:25

that's a good idea...

cookielove Thu 21-Jul-11 16:43:22

I work in a nursery and we can provide care for this kind of situation, were in Hertfordshire if that is in the right area for you, if not you could ring up your local nurseries and see if they have any space. You could also try sitters they are a baby sitting service that offer day time help, or Kanga crew or tinies, they should all be able to provide you with emergency child care. HTH

headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 18:04:59

thank you cookielove. I've never heard of kanga crews.. <off to google>

headfairy Thu 21-Jul-11 18:06:03

oh and thanks very much for the offer... we're in Surrey so not close enough for you sadly.

juneybean Sat 23-Jul-11 13:04:32

I'll be in Harrow, Middlesex from 9th Aug - 22nd Aug if that's any help for you? I'm a qualified nanny on leave for August grin

headfairy Mon 25-Jul-11 11:37:30

Hi Juneybean. Thanks so much for the offer. We're in East Surrey, so probably too far for you to travel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now