Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club: WWYD?

(7 Posts)
RealityAlt0174 Thu 21-Jul-11 08:42:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RealityAlt0174 Thu 21-Jul-11 09:59:04

SarkySpanner Thu 21-Jul-11 10:08:37

I don't think it is really relevant what is 'fair'.

The point is that you are offering her a service which she can choose to either use or not use. You can very reasonably say that you need to change your pricing structure (for all mindees) from September, but that your basic hourly rate will stay the same. IMO you are giving her enough notice of this change.

I know it is not this simple when family are involved, but you need to be business like. Don't make it personal. Be clear that you are shifting to this charging system for ALL mindees (present and future) and that it will simplify things from her POV if she ever wants to pay you for occasional hours.

It would be daft for you not to make this change IMO smile

RealityAlt0174 Thu 21-Jul-11 10:15:36

SarkySpanner Thu 21-Jul-11 10:20:58

Seems to me that you are REALLY worried about making changes that could potentially upsett her, but that she isn't bothered about making chages that might upset you...

She has the right to remove her DD from your care whenever she wants (which she is doing). You have the right to use your standard charging system (which you SHOULD do).

BerylOfLaughs Thu 21-Jul-11 10:24:21

I had a CM friend who did the whole dividing by 12 thing to make each month's payment the same and it became a nightmare. Change now to paying what they owe for each month/week, it's much simpler.

RealityAlt0174 Thu 21-Jul-11 10:45:02

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now