Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

V quick question about mileage & petrol money

(5 Posts)
foodjunkie Tue 19-Jul-11 17:26:38

Nannies - If you end your shift somewhere further from home that would mean you have to do extra miles to get home, would you charge the family the extra? (Ie - If you normally finish work in the families home which for example is 10 miles away from your base, but on one specific day you ended your shift by dropping your charges off 15 miles from your home)

Parents - Would you feel it's fair to pay the difference?

nannynick Tue 19-Jul-11 17:32:15

You could go back to the families home and charge for that journey as per usual and then go home from there.

Not sure if you can officially claim it but it sounds a reasonable claim in my view, just as long as you are not claiming the full distance home just the difference.

foodjunkie Tue 19-Jul-11 17:34:24

It would be just the difference, yep. Thankyou.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 20-Jul-11 01:45:24

ditto nick - or just work out how far it is from work to place and double it and then go home without going via work iyswim

nannyl Wed 20-Jul-11 08:49:10

agree with nick

yes personally id charge the difference, if significantly further away.

There were a few time when i finished dropping children (and daddy) off at a friends house.... it was in the same town, and TBH i never bothered then... the difference cant have been more than a mile or 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now