Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

where to look

(1 Post)
sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 18-Jul-11 22:39:10

DH has finally got some work after 18 months of short time working. bad news is that he'll have a 75 minute commute and can't pick DD up from nursery every night. I work 3.5 days - I 9-5 day which is fine, one 8.15-2/3pm day which is fine and 2 long days 8.30-6 and 8-630. No way of changing these. I've negotiated that I can probably manage to squeeze 830-6 into 820-550 so can get DD at 6 for extended late night nursery pick up. Bit stuck on the 8-630 day. any ideas? DH's contract is for 3 months after which there may be some working from home possibility. There's a girl at nursery who has on occasion taken DD home and put her to bed for me in an emergency but she's not keen on a more regular arranegment. The only other nursery girl who'd be interested can't drive.

Aarrrgh - as it's summer holiday time might I find a 6th former or uni student who'd do 2 evenings a week pick up at 530 take home, easy tea, play in the garden/cbeebies and I'd be home for 635-7pm? I have no family at all locally and all my mates also work

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now