Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

15 hours nursery education

(9 Posts)
LesbianMummy1 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:31:11

does anybody know what the government pays providers who are eligible to claim this I am currently being assessed to receive grant for children but wondering what that means financially

LucyLastik Mon 18-Jul-11 22:33:00

It varies between LA's. IF you contact your LA they will be able to tell you how much it equates to in your area. HTH

KatyMac Mon 18-Jul-11 22:36:10

For me it means extra paperwork claiming the money (it's a right faff) & I get it in arrears not in advance

LesbianMummy1 Mon 18-Jul-11 22:44:29

LucyLastik asked today but still waiting on return phonecall

oh yuck do you know roughly what hourly rate is Katymac

HSMM Tue 19-Jul-11 07:31:31

As LucyLastik said, it varies between authorities.

Mine pays significantly less than my normal hourly rate.

LucyLastik Tue 19-Jul-11 08:04:45

They generally do. I'm in pre-school and NEG is also significantly less than our hourly rate. For a 3 hour session it comes nowhere near to even matching it.

KatyMac Tue 19-Jul-11 08:21:41

Mine pay significantly more

Booh Tue 19-Jul-11 12:05:22

Mine is less, £7.80 for three hours, and I would normally charge £16ish. So its not financially viable, plus I don't want the extra paperwork or hassle.......

LesbianMummy1 Tue 19-Jul-11 12:19:05

Thank you everybody am still waiting on response from council but have asked ncma to investigate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now