Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What do you ask parents to sign on a weekly/monthly basis?

(8 Posts)
CrazyBabies Mon 18-Jul-11 15:30:21

Hi, Well I have just discovered you are not legally required to get parent s to sign the register each week!!!
I have been doing this for 3 years and it was due to a thread I read on here that I checked with ofsted, and they don't need to sign registers.
Also I ask parents to sigh my ncma account book at the back re monthly payments.
Do you mind me asking what you get parents to sign. Thanks.

apotomak Mon 18-Jul-11 17:22:29

I just ask them to sign new permission forms if I do a special outing and when we change anything contract wise. I don't get them to sign registers or account book.

mranchovy Mon 18-Jul-11 17:41:23

Your insurers may require you to have parents signatures on the register - check the terms.

There is no reason to have parents sign the accounts book, although if you are not issuing invoices it would be normal to have a receipt book with carbon copies for you to keep and show to HMRC if they ever want to inspect you.

CrazyBabies Mon 18-Jul-11 17:59:40

Hi, I use the ncma paperwork.
I keep a note of the times they arrive and leave in their daily diaries also, so am not going to ask parents to sign register any more.
What paper work does everyone esle use? thanks.

bigdonna Mon 18-Jul-11 19:07:53

i had my ofsted inspection on the 30th of june and one of my actions were to get the parents to sign my attendance.

HSMM Mon 18-Jul-11 20:51:19

I get them to sign initial paperwork and contract updates. I don't get them to sign weekly register (and have been graded Outstanding by Ofsted twice). My weekly register contains actual arrival and leaving times, not contracted times. I don't get them to sign anything about payments, but I do have a copy of their invoices.

Like MrAnchovy said - do check your insurance to make sure it doesn't specify anything different.

Flisspaps Mon 18-Jul-11 20:54:04

I was inspected last week, the Inspector mentioned nothing about having the register signed. AFAIK this isn't a requirement, but I appear to be wrong if some insurers do.

The only things they sign are contract amendments, medicine forms and accident records.

HSMM Mon 18-Jul-11 21:10:52

Oh yes Flisspaps, meds, accidents, etc too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now