Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM CLUB - I'm after a it of tea & sympathy

(10 Posts)
LoveMyGirls Mon 18-Jul-11 12:56:16

I fell down the stairs on Friday (no I wasn't drunk) I was on my way downstairs, in a rush and the heel of my shoe got caught on the 2nd step and I tumbled all the way down, luckily I didn't bang my head, a few aches and pains, carpet burns so I'm on pain killers and I'm trying to take it easy, I can't afford time off work or to let parents down as I'm due to have some time off soon so they really need me.

So I thought I'd pop in here smile brew

surfandturf Mon 18-Jul-11 13:23:10

Poor you! I'll join in a quick cuppa brew I bet you're feeling really frustrated with yourself too (I would be! I'm always rushing around too much and bumping in to things etc)
I got knocked off my bike earlier this year and although I wasn't seriously hurt I did have muscle pain which actually affected me more than I thought it would and I'm guessing you will have the same kind of symptoms I experienced.
I'm sure parents will apprciate that you are doing your best for them by not cancelling so give yourself a break and take it easy for a few days. As long as the children are happy and fed - leave the more taxing stuff untill you are on the mend and efinately have a wine at the weekend - that'll help take the edge off! grin

LoveMyGirls Mon 18-Jul-11 13:31:21

Yes I do feel very silly. Yes my muscles in my shoulders are really hurting so driving hurts (putting seat belt on, sterring, changing gear) getting the pushchair in and out, lifting dc's - all things I take for granted really but I'm reminding myself how lucky I am because I didn't hit my head or have to go to hospital etc (I know 2 people who fell downstairs, 1 died and the other was very close and has been in for a few mnths already and 1 month of that was in a coma) so I am very very fortunate.

surfandturf Mon 18-Jul-11 13:36:07

Blimmin 'eck you certainly did have a lucky escape! So sorry to hear the other more unfortunate ones sad

My pain was centralised around my lower back so I felt it when changing gear in the car, lifting the DC's, shopping bags, pegging washing out etc. It really does effect all the day to day stuff. Hope you are feeling much better soon and keep taking the pain killers smile

RosieGirl Mon 18-Jul-11 14:13:02

Poor you, hope you are soon feeling better. Its one of the major downsides of SE, worrying about loosing money and business. As the others have said, try and have a quiet time, more sitting and reading books, singing, things that don't require too much physical exertion. I once read about how many people die from falling downstairs and it is really scary, my heart goes in my mouth when children are learning how to use stairs, even now when my 9 yo DD gets on an escalator I feel my stomach churn.

AfterTheGoldRush Mon 18-Jul-11 20:02:00

I fell down the stairs infront of my three mindees all under three years old. they were in the hall and the stair gate stopped me from hitting the victorian tiled hall floor. Mindees stood there mouths agape and one went "wow" and other said "again"!!! they all clapped with glee...

luckily mummies turned up 5 mins later and they all went home

and then i cried and cried and cried. pulled myself together looked my face in the hall mirror and noticed i had a drawn on cats nose and cat ears on my head. so i am glad i didnt break anything....what wouldve the paramedics say?

LoveMyGirls Mon 18-Jul-11 21:14:36

ATGR You were lucky, bet hitting the stair gate really hurt though! I was lucky mindees had all gone home already and i had the weekend to recover a bit tbh.

looneytune Tue 19-Jul-11 09:26:54

Oh mate, you poor thing, you are so lucky!! Hope you're feeling better soon, I totally understand the money side and not wanting to let parents down! When I was pg with ds2 I fell off a chair in front of mindees and had to hold back the tears and worry about baby and got up and said to the mindees 'and that's why we do NOT stand on chairs!!', as if I'd set it up to show them the dangers!! I remember crying my eyes out after the children went home, especially as had some slight bleeding. All was fine though, thank god.

Anyway, big hugs and fingers crossed you feel better very soon xxx

nbee84 Tue 19-Jul-11 09:29:52

ATGR - glad you are ok but have to admit I did laugh at your mindees going 'wow' and 'again' grin

dmo Tue 19-Jul-11 16:22:23

i did this about 8wks ago i broke 2 ribs but went to a ostipath (cant spell sorry) cost a bit but i am fine now x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now