Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - 1st week as a CM done...

(6 Posts)
surfandturf Thu 14-Jul-11 23:42:33

...and I loved it! Just had 1 mindee for 2 full days this week and collected her 2 sisters after school. A few hiccups to iron out but all in all it's been great! Little one was unsettled on 1st day (to be expected) but seemed to 'come to' a bit more today. I'm getting the distinct impression that she is carried constantly - if not by mum, by her older sister.

Had one mindee postpone untill August who was meant to start on Tuesday hmm but another definate booked in for November and will be paying a retainer till then and several more booked in for during the school holidays.

I think I'm heading in the right direction but just don't know where the week has gone! Just thought I'd share...Thanks for listening! smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 15-Jul-11 08:45:24

what a lovely start to your CM career

well done you

gardenpixies32 Fri 15-Jul-11 09:29:37

Glad you enjoyed it. Well done smile

dmo Fri 15-Jul-11 09:46:30

smile

hellospoon Sun 17-Jul-11 22:47:51

how did you find your 'business'? i am starting out and wondering how i will find children to mind!

surfandturf Mon 18-Jul-11 13:32:58

Only advertised on childcare.co.uk so far. I paid £20 for a 3 month subscription and it has certainly paid off for me. I had visions of me walking round the streets with leaflets (although I might still need to do that yet!)

I would advise advertising early and try and get some clients lined up ready for when you qualify as many parents do start looking for childcare well in advance.

Just be prepared that alot of people will let you down. I have arranged various meetings with potential clients and they just don't turn up. Some do and then you never hear back from them again - might be an idea to ask them to let you know either way.

I have also found that many people don't want / need set hours every week. It's definately a bonus for parents if you can be flexible but you may need to be quite firm so that you don't get taken advantage of. That said, I have really enjoyed the new challenge that this has presented!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now