Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny rate advice

(2 Posts)
MockingbirdsNotForSale Thu 14-Jul-11 20:17:10

I am hoping some helpful nannies or employers of nanies can assist me:

What should I roughly expect to pay for a Live in Nanny working 9 hours a day Mon-Thurs and up to 9 hours on a Friday with weekends off? I would be based in the South about an hour West of London.

If I found a live out nanny to work the same hours with a flexible Friday finish what would I expect to pay?

I'm sure there are a lot of variables I have not posted (as I am unaware of them confused, but some ballpark figures would be really helpful.

Many thanks in anticipation.

nannynick Thu 14-Jul-11 23:42:43

See Going Rates nannies & aupairs thread from last month. That may be of some help.

However start off by working out how much you can afford to pay. There isn't really a going rate as such for any job - it's more a case of supply and demand, market forces. You may find that someone would accept a job at a lower wage than you might expect, as they might be finding it hard to find work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now