Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where have all the children gone

(5 Posts)
Jolin4 Wed 13-Jul-11 16:14:44

Is it just me or is there a definate shortage of mum's needing childcare in mid bedfordshire, after speaking to other childminders and a friend who works in an established nursery it seems that there are vacancies everywhere. Is this how the recession and cuts is going to effect us i wonder.

bellybuttons Wed 13-Jul-11 16:37:34

It's the same in Sussex at the moment, at least where I am. It's getting drastic for me too so worrying a lot!

Booh Wed 13-Jul-11 17:27:54

I wonder where you are bellybuttons.........I'm over run with children!

I'll post a few off to both of you!

Are you registered on childcare.co.uk?

Mum2Luke Thu 14-Jul-11 23:48:42

Its the same here in East Manchester, too many childminders and not enough people either wanting childminders and choosing either grandparents or nurseries.

I was required by OFSTED to do the NVQ level 3 but I don't have any under 5's, only over 8s so am having to supplement this by working as a school dinner lady in the kitchen. I feel I have wasted my time doing the NVQ as there is no funding available to me to do Foundation degree as my husband apparently earns too much.

moogster1a Fri 15-Jul-11 08:04:24

I was required by OFSTED to do the NVQ level 3
Why were you required to do this? I's just voluntary extra qualification, isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now