Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Double pushchair

(7 Posts)
Lola10 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:19:37

I am trying to find a good double pushchair from birth + toddler seat, and then 2 toddlers. Have you got any recommendations price and functionality).

Many thanks

Stars22 Wed 13-Jul-11 14:38:43

Do you want tandem or side by side? and does price matter? In my job we had the jane powertwin pushchair. its tandem and for babies it can have the car carrier seats on. Im not sure what age they recommend it from but the back seat lies flat so it may be suitable from birth without the car seat. For 2 toddlers it was great, so easy and light to push. I cant really fault it, the only bad thing i'd say was the basket underneath was not great but was ok and the price is not great, saying that i have seen them on ebay before in good condition going for a quatre of the price. For a tandem it folded up easily and was not really massive when folded. It fit in doorways fine and on buses etc.

bellybuttons Wed 13-Jul-11 16:41:03

I have a out and about double. It is so easy to push, light even with two heavy (ish) toddlers and very sturdy. They aren't cheap from new but eBay has some bargains. Doesn't fit easily in the car though.

TwistAndShout Wed 13-Jul-11 22:39:24

I'll second bellybuttons. I have the out and about nipper 360 and its a dream to push. I've had lots of others icluding Maclaren Twin Techno and Phila nd Teds but the Nipper wins hands down.

HSMM Thu 14-Jul-11 07:46:08

I have an Out n Bout, which is lovely for walking with, but a squeeze to get in the boot of the car. I haven't managed to find the happy medium between comfortable to push and small fold up.

I have never used one with a car seat, so can't advise there I'm afraid.

HSMM Thu 14-Jul-11 07:46:42

Oh ... and I have a Marco Sky Buggy tandem for when I want to go somewhere with doors.

Ebb Thu 14-Jul-11 13:56:04

I too have a double nipper 360 which is, as everyone else has said, great to push and my two ( 8mths and 3yrs ) seem really comfy in it. I can fit it in the boot of my seat ibiza with the two back wheels off. ( Wheels are really easy to take on and off. )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now