Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Inspection today - starting to feel quite sick!!

(7 Posts)
mogs0 Mon 11-Jul-11 11:05:12

I know I'm being silly but it's my 1st inspection since registering (in Wales) and I need to calm myself a little!

My paperwork is a bit of a mess but I feel like I have done as much as I can now and just hope she's not too hard on me.

I'm going to go and have a coffee and a biscuit then have a quick look through my mountains of paperwork before going to collect mindee from nursery.

happyclapper Mon 11-Jul-11 11:19:46

Don't worry. Sure you will be fine. I had my 1st inspection in January and the inspector was lovely. They really try and put you at ease as they know how stressful it is.
The activities I had planned for my little 1 went to pot as it was impossible to do anything while going through the paperwork so he just pottered about which was fine. they will prompt you in the right direction if you are stuggling to answer anything as their aim is to get you a good result.
It flew by and i quite enjoyed it in the end. Not that I would want to do it every year!
Good luck

RosieGirl Mon 11-Jul-11 12:57:30

Good luck I am sure you will be fine.

mogs0 Mon 11-Jul-11 17:43:25

Thanks both!

It was all fine. She barely looked at any of my paperwork and after she'd gone I realised I hadn't shown her the folder of photos I'd put together. I almost wanted to phone her to come back and look at it grin.

She told me that next year I'll get the same pack of forms to fill in and depending on how well I fill them in will determine whether they come out to do an inspection or not so it could be up to 3 years before she comes again or could be next year.

I'm so glad it's over and done with and was far easier than I'd expected.

BoysAreLikeDogs Mon 11-Jul-11 17:51:55

brava

RosieGirl Mon 11-Jul-11 19:37:31

Well done - glass of wine due tonight then.

mogs0 Mon 11-Jul-11 21:56:58

I wish! Only just home after taking ds to karate. I'm going to stay with friends this weekend so will celebrate then grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now