Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Signs and symbols

(3 Posts)
Mum2Luke Sun 10-Jul-11 17:50:08

Hiya, do any childminders on here use signs and symbols for their children to use? I am going to start once my husband has photocopied the file I bought home from the course smile on Thursday last week.

I really wish I had some little ones I could use it with though but I think I will buy a display board and velcro strips to attach the various signs to.

If anyone gets a chance on the course, I thought it would be boring but we had a fab time.

nannynick Sun 10-Jul-11 20:48:22

You might like Picto Selector software. It's quite a big download but includes many symbols (over 7000).

For when out and about you can make a foldable card strip with velcro on, so that you can show a simple sequence of events... "place - toilet - car - home" for example for a trip back from somewhere.

Mum2Luke Sun 10-Jul-11 23:14:55

I would have to check whether it is ok to use. I don't want to confuse children as Tameside, Greater Manchester uses specific signs for all private and state childcare providers.

Have got a folder full of signs which we are to use in our childminder Network setting, we are allowed to photocopy as long as the file stays at the Surestart Children's Centre where we hold our group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now