Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CM Club - things to do with 11 year old boy

(5 Posts)
RosieGirl Sun 10-Jul-11 11:43:13

Title says it all really. Next week I have an 11 (nearly 12) year old for a day with no other children. What do I do with him? His parents were happy for me to take him to the cinema, but there is nothing on during the day, I don't want to take him swimming as I know he will jump on me want me to race, and I'm not that physically capable. Other things are either too expensive or too far away so are not financially viable. It feels like its going to be a very long 6 hours. Help!

NickNacks Sun 10-Jul-11 11:55:57

Geocaching?

HSMM Sun 10-Jul-11 14:22:05

Build a den in the woods?

Cinema would be good if you can find one somewhere with a daytime film.

Are you anywhere near any museums?

longjane Sun 10-Jul-11 16:59:38

a walk in country/town looking a nature/buildings
take a camera take photos
make a book blog
history of local area
main library for researched on who lived in your house/his house years ago

RosieGirl Mon 11-Jul-11 07:43:00

Thanks everyone, NickNacks Geocaching sounds and looks really good (after lots of initial head scratching) but I don't own a smart phone. I have re-checked cinema as he loves Harry Potter, but the earliest starts at 4.15, its a 50 minute drive to the next nearest cinema.

I do like the idea of taking a camera out, maybe he could do a comic/story, using my laptop. We will do a walk anyway.

At least the weather is looking good for the week.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now