Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Advice of type of childcare

(6 Posts)
Jesusgirl Sat 09-Jul-11 13:30:10

I'm wondering what would be appropriate childcare for us. My ds is starting a private school that is 20 mins from home. Is it possible to get a pick up service ie someone to pick him up and drop him at home? My dd will be starting the same school next January. I guess the other option will be a local childminder.

I'd appreciate any advice pls. Thanks.

purepurple Sat 09-Jul-11 13:44:37

Ask at the school as many private schools have min-buses that do a drop-off service.
Alternatively, you can ask another parent to pick him up and drop him off at home or set up a regular taxi run. Lots of taxi drivers do regular school runs, and have to be police checked to do so.
I can't see a childminder picking up just to drop off at your house.

NickNacks Sat 09-Jul-11 14:45:49

Agree as a childminder i wouldn't do that, taking up a whole evenings space plus a space in the car for a drop off. Plus 20 mins in the car (plus 20 back) is too much for the rest of the mindees.

Taxi/mini bus service or other parent seems your only option.

ThePrisoner Sat 09-Jul-11 15:08:07

I do actually do this as a childminder, but from a school I already collect from. I bring some of the minded children home, but drop another off at his home on our way back, and I charge for a minimum of one hour.

Jesusgirl Sat 09-Jul-11 20:10:25

I asked at the school but they don't have minibuses at the moment, it's something they're working on.

Ill call the local childminders and see if perhaps anyone could do the school runs. I might just be lucky!

HSMM Sun 10-Jul-11 14:20:34

If you can take them there, then you could probably do a deal with another parent, where you take all the children to school and the other parent brings them all home.

I did that for a while last year, to save my mindees one school run a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now