Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

OFSTED are coming !!!!

(3 Posts)
BandMsDad Wed 06-Jul-11 14:03:25

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, OFSTED have called and said they'll be round next Tuesday morning for my visit/chat prior to registering. Pretty sure I have most things in place, house is safely prepped, policies written, CRB, first aid all done.
Can anyone suggest anything I might have overlooked that the OFSTED bod will ask/expect to see ?

HSMM Wed 06-Jul-11 14:11:25

Have you got a copy of 'are you ready for your inspection?'. Just check you have everything on there. Have you done a risk assessment? Go round and do one (it doesn't have to be in great detail). If you identify any risks, just be ready to say why you think it is OK for children to be around these risks (ie open staircase), or how you will protect them from the risk (ie knives).

surfandturf Wed 06-Jul-11 14:34:19

Good luck - I'm sure you will be fine.
I had my visit recently (it was supposed to take about 2 hours and ended up being 4!)
Good suggestion from HSMM as you are allowed to look at this document througout the visit for pointers / prompts. She mainly asked me stuff about the EYFS areas of learning and development.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now