Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders in Woking/ Byfleet/ West Byfleet/ Surbiton: What are average rates in your area?

(7 Posts)
HackneyCabbage Wed 06-Jul-11 11:41:16

Hi, We are looking to move to Surrey in September due to work and are currently looking into where would be most convenient for our commutes and what we would need to pay for childcare in these areas. We would need a childminder to look after our daughter (2.5 in September) for 2-3 full days from 8.30-6pm. If you are a childminder in Woking, Surbiton, West Byfleet, etc and near the station, please could you let me know what the average hourly rates/ full day rates are in your area are? I'd also really appreciate any advice if either you, or childminders you know, will have vacancies in September. Thanks so much!

Achange Wed 06-Jul-11 12:40:15

I used to live near these area's. My cm charged £4.50 p/h and £1.50 day extra for food

HackneyCabbage Wed 06-Jul-11 12:58:43

Thanks!

nannynick Wed 06-Jul-11 13:19:50

A bit further west in Sunningdale charges are 4.50-5 per hour.
The closer to London the more it may become, so Surbiton may be more than West Byfleet but it depends on local demand and supply.
Budget for around £5 an hour and then once you know where you are moving too, get the childminder list from Surrey County Council and call/email providers to see what they would charge you for the hours/days you need.

HackneyCabbage Wed 06-Jul-11 14:18:30

Thanks NannyNick, good plan.

katie1990 Thu 09-Aug-12 17:56:33

Hi was wondering if you have found a childminder yet and if you knew what two or three days it would be. hackneycabbage

cherisesandi1992 Thu 01-Sep-16 10:56:17

I'm looking for a childminder in the surbiton area that does school runs to maple infants

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now