Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting

(8 Posts)
Rebecca41 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:50:41

Quick question about babysitting costs.

I have a nanny who looks after my children during the day when I'm at work.

Evening babysitting is not in her contracted hours, but she said she's more than happy to do evening babysitting if she's not busy.

So my question is, how much do nannies usually charge for this? Is it the same as the daytime hourly rate? Or more (antisocial hours)? Or less (kids asleep so less work)? I know what my nanny charges but I just wondered what the norm is.

redglow Wed 06-Jul-11 11:38:23

When I babysit i charge two pounds an hour less than the nanny rate.

Grabaspoon Wed 06-Jul-11 12:30:20

I charge the same - but I'm not well paid grin

eurycantha Wed 06-Jul-11 19:41:31

I get £8 during the day and £7.50 in the evening for babysitting .[Elsewhere I charge £8 for Babysitting]

cookielove Wed 06-Jul-11 19:44:08

I am not a nanny, but work in childcare, i charge £7 an hour for babysitting, but have been known to charge £8

eeyore12 Wed 06-Jul-11 19:48:56

I charge a little more for babysitting than for nannying, because it is giving up my evenings be it weekday or weekend. I don't mind putting the children to bed etc and I don't charge a min number of hours.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 06-Jul-11 22:12:11

i charge the same rate whether daytime or evening as it is still my time

bubaluchy Thu 07-Jul-11 08:54:44

I am a nanny I get £10 per hour, when I baby sit for them I still get £10 per hour.

I would charge less but the children are always up and about so my duties don't change, it's not like I can sit in front of the T.V eating Hob Nobs whilst they sleep, I am running around, bathing them and making sure they don't kill each other just as I would be during the day. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now