Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What do I need to know?

(1 Post)
purplepidjin Tue 05-Jul-11 17:20:28

My lovely personal trainer has now got his own gym, and wants me to set up a creche - bit of an unique selling point round here!

I have NVQ3 Health and Social Care (Care of Children and Young People) and 6 years (official) experience working with a variety of ages and needs, mainly SEN. Unofficially I've been working with kids since school teaching music.

I have a current CRB from the local council because i'm a part time Youth Worker, also their official Safeguarding training, First Aid etc.

I need to know: Is that the right qualification/experience mix? What sort of money would be reasonable to charge? Should I look into registering as a childminder? Are there any Early Years courses I should look into? Would having an onsite creche tempt you to use a private gym instead of the local council one (he's already doing incredibly well)?

Thank you very very much!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: