Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Leaving pressie for my AP

(9 Posts)
NewTeacher Tue 05-Jul-11 11:49:18

Hi All

My AP this year has been absolutely fabulous and I'm going to be a snivelling wreck when we say our goodbyes!!!

As a family we would like to get her a really great leaving pressie. Its not about the cost its about something that will always remind her of her time with us. I am struggling for ideas (am not the most creative person) and am wondering what to get her?

An exquisite piece of jewellery? Can you help ladies????

Thanks

PeskyPiskie Tue 05-Jul-11 13:44:23

We got our AP a digital photo frame loaded with pictures of us all. She seemed really touched by it. We also gave her a number of things with the British Flag on it, because she really liked that type of thing.

Grabaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 13:45:31

Could you give her a gift experience ie a trip to the tower of london or tussuards.

A photo frame with a photo of her and the kids would be nice.

cheesetoastie Tue 05-Jul-11 21:19:53

We gave one of our au pairs a charm bracelet with a card explaining why we chose the specific charms. She gave us a photoframe with a photo of all of us together. We gave another a necklace and a voucher (amazon but for their own country site).

catepilarr Tue 05-Jul-11 21:22:06

leaving presents i did like were the ones that were thoughtfully chosen for me. i got a nice backpack that i carry on me everyday since, necklaces, thermos flask (my own one was stolen), books on heritage and architecture. i just got a lovely framed picture of my little one which i love. a little gardian angel card (do not believe in angels but absolutely love it), pictures from the children. basically anything that shows you care and know a bit about her will go a long way. perhaps not something heaby or bulky, depending on her travel and packing plans. what is also nice is a special day with the family, perhaps a special meal. and i personally love the cards i get from my family as they always mention something we did together that summer.

NewTeacher Wed 06-Jul-11 09:31:58

Photo's are no good as she takes so many with her own camera so has great shots of herself and the kids.

Days out - She has done all th London touristy stuff ten times over now. We took her out to Legoland last weekend which she loved. She's been to a West End show and we treated her to tickets to the Summertime Ball. We are also taking her for a lovely dinner and dance event in her last week.

I wanted something that she has with her so whenever she uses it she remembers us all. She does like charm bracelets so might look into that idea.

MogandMe Wed 06-Jul-11 15:36:51

My last boss got me a gorgeous Jasper Conran handbag from Debnhams and I use it most days and rememeber the kids.

MogandMe Wed 06-Jul-11 15:38:18

What about a nice travel bag - so she can use it when she goes away for the weekend/on holiday etc. I love my tripp bag which I got for Christmas and it's very useful for those weekends away or when you need to take a lot of stuff to a friends for girly night etc

gardenpixies32 Thu 07-Jul-11 10:32:33

Not sure how much you want to spend but Links of London do lovely silver charm bracelets and silver charms. There are so many different charms to choose from. We got one for my sisters 21st and each member of our family picked a charm that reminded us of her (high healed shoe, a bikini, her initial and a little house with a red heart on it). She loved the gift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now