Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Double Buggy or Buggy board?

(6 Posts)
cedar12 Tue 05-Jul-11 10:32:49

Will have 2 2year olds in september for one day, 1 2year old for the other days. Is it worth getting a double buggy? Already have a Maclaren stroller. Remember lots of my friends not getting well with a buggy boards.

CristinaTheAstonishing Tue 05-Jul-11 10:37:28

Not from a CM p.o.v. but I'd say get the double buggy. You can bet they'll both want to be in the buggy at the same time.

cedar12 Tue 05-Jul-11 10:57:37

That what i thought will check ebay for a bargin

Jasbro Wed 06-Jul-11 19:28:25

I have a double buggy and buggy board for the day I have my daughter and her friend (they are both two and a half) plus a baby. The friend won't hold on all the time, and fell off once so I can't let her go on it again. My daughter loves being on the buggyboard for a while, but it's not fun when she decides she's tired and needs to swap. Try and find a double buggy secondhand - I got my Maclaren double for £40 on Netmums and it folds up nice and compact and goes in the understairs cupboard when we don't use it.

NannyBeth Wed 06-Jul-11 20:57:11

Jasbro - depends on your buggy but a friend of mine rigged up the buggy at her nanny share with a sit-on buggy board and a pair of reins so she could put the 15mth old on that and didn't have to use the maclaren double which is a massive pita!! Could you try that?

I would advise getting a double - if you ever take a day trip and they both want to sleep you'd be stuck!! My youngest charge (as a nanny) was 2 in Feb and doesn't always sleep during the day any more and prefers to walk but we still take the buggy everywhere as she will decide in a split second she is tired and won't walk, plus I use it as discipline (if she runs away, won't hold my hand/the buggy, doesn't listen etc then in she goes for 5mins and then I give her the choice of in or out. Is very helpful to have it though!!

dmo Thu 07-Jul-11 09:53:43

i have a double buggy and a buggy board too (picture the clampits) i need this set up 3 days a week and in the rain the board is not good

deff go for a double buggy

i used to have a triple buggy but got stuck everywhere couldnt even get down my own path

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now