Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

American Aupair Advice

(4 Posts)
Beckyboo4 Mon 04-Jul-11 09:49:38

I have started searching for a new aupair for Jan 2012 with aupair world (used them 4 times before & always had lovely au pairs). My fabulous current au pair could only stay a year and she cannot deferr her university place again so will be leaving in Jan as planned. So far no-one has really caught me eye & so the waiting for the right candidate begins untill this weekend when an american aupair has applied. She has ticked all the boxes in terms of looking after children before, right age etc..... & before I go ahead with all the emails / calls to make sure we are a good fit I need to know whether an american can be here leagally as an aupair.
For some reason I don't think this is possible but any advice would be appreciated.

RitaMorgan Mon 04-Jul-11 09:52:04

I don't think Americans can get Visas - if you want someone from outside of the EU it can only be a limited number of countries. I think it's called a Youth Mobility visa.

fraktious Mon 04-Jul-11 11:32:23

Are you in the UK? If so you're limited to EU, NZ, Australian, Canadian and Japanese candidates.

Americans can't get a working visa. If they're over as a student they can work within the constraints of their visa.

fairimum Mon 04-Jul-11 15:20:16

Might she have a british passport?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now