Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find babysitting jobs?

(8 Posts)
pandapple Fri 01-Jul-11 21:42:54

Message deleted

Sanesometimes1 Fri 01-Jul-11 21:54:41

Pop a card in local shop/local supermarket boards, leaflet at playschools ? or do a leaflet out and go round neighbours.

Just a word or warning though, make sure you let your parents know exactly where you are, always always make sure you've got a taxi/lift organised when you've finished especially at night.

Stay safe and hope you have fun x

pandapple Mon 04-Jul-11 20:58:10

Message deleted

cookielove Mon 04-Jul-11 21:08:25

You could make a leaflets, to post through the door in the local neighborhood, although the problem with this is that you don't know who your giving your number out to, or you could try (net mums), have you asked the local schools if they have a notice board you can advertise on?

nannynick Mon 04-Jul-11 21:40:12

Start off by babysitting for neighbours and other people you know. Do you do anything within any youth group, they may have a newsletter which goes around younger members.

pandapple Tue 05-Jul-11 15:55:26

Message deleted

cookielove Tue 05-Jul-11 17:47:03

Well depends how happy you are about splitting the money, i personally wouldn't do that (i have baby sat for many years, and work professionally in childcare) as i feel it isn't professional to do so, however as you are younger than me the parents may feel more comfortable when there are two teenagers there over one.

Try Netmums, also ask your mum/dad/other family members to ask work colleagues. pop to local school at finishing time and hand out leaflets to parents collecting children, volunteer at playschemes over the summer to get to know local families.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now