Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

risk assessments?

(14 Posts)
vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:10:04

hi - i've not been around for a while - please can someone help with my risk assessment?
i'm having trouble kick starting my brain in my R/A in the bathroom section i'm stuck on loo brush hmm what do i put for risk?

PaisleyLeaf Fri 01-Jul-11 21:15:36

You're asking the wrong forum. No one here's got a loo brush.
grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:02

ah shall i just throw it out then :O

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:28

oh i meant grin

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:22:59

umm R/A for a fire blanket WTF?

southeastastra Fri 01-Jul-11 21:23:45

you are writing a risk assessment on a loo brush?? :S

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:32:29

i am using a pre written form and it is there - just asked c/m on twitter and she has told me it's a biological risk i was going to say germs but that sounds better!!!
i hate fricken paperwork.

PaisleyLeaf Fri 01-Jul-11 21:33:55

Bacteria?

vInTaGeVioLeT Fri 01-Jul-11 21:38:29

i have put biological risk {bacteria} and that i keep it under lock and key grin

Scarfmaker Fri 01-Jul-11 23:59:46

I think you are worrying about nothing - a risk assessment for a loobrush? I'm a registered childminder but wouldn't go that far.

First and foremost mindees are not allowed in the bathroom on their own anyway and there's no way they could get in there without me knowing.

HSMM Sat 02-Jul-11 10:26:25

1.You can remove the loo brush in the morning before they arrive.
2.You can state that you supervise them in the toilet
3.You can say they are discouraged from sucking on the loo brush grin

Your loo brush ... what do you do to stop the children fiddling with it?

(Like PaisleyLeaf said - people who use MN are not allowed loo brushes grin)

bigdonna Sat 02-Jul-11 11:40:56

hi just had my inspection by the eyfs and i threw my toilet brush out and told the inspector mindees go to toilet on their own!!she was ok with this we are talking about a 4.7 and a 7yr old.she was ok with this.she didnt check my fire blanket.but i got a good so all ok well pleased

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 03-Jul-11 23:53:46

well done bigdonna smile

vInTaGeVioLeT Sun 03-Jul-11 23:55:16

ha ha! @ hsmm i like "discouraged" from sucking on loo-brush we wouldn't want to "enforce" it free choice and all that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now