Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Unknown

(8 Posts)
bigdonna Wed 29-Jun-11 19:28:27

hi i have my inspection tomorrow do i put stair gate up or not,i have a 15 month mindee she doesnt bother with the stairs!!!

Flisspaps Wed 29-Jun-11 19:35:50

If you don't normally have it up, then don't have it up - but double check your RAs to make sure they cover what happens when mindee does bother with stairs and how you ensure she stays safe.

Bear in mind, one day she may not bother with stairs but the next they'll be the most interesting thing in the house and you can guarantee she'll decide to explore them when you're having a wee/preparing lunch/answering a call etc...

AMYJ1234 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:48:56

Yes, I would definitely put it up. I know what you mean but it saves you having the discussion re safety gate etc. Make the day as easy as possible!
I would showcase your setting to the best/safest it can be - For example- plug socket covers. Its been shown they are not necessary, however I put all mine in just to save the conversation with the inspector. (ps while im thinking about it have you made sure all your blind cords are tied up - hot safety topic at mo! good luck xxx

bigdonna Wed 29-Jun-11 20:18:34

thanks ladies will go and find the gate suppose better be safe thyan sorry even though my 15month is not coming til 11.30 and inspector coming at 9.30 hopefully will be rid by 12.i have arranged to meet friends for apicnic.as i have heard they stay at some houses hours

AMYJ1234 Wed 29-Jun-11 20:47:00

mine came at 9-30 and went at 1PM so tell your friends you might not be there!
This time tomorrow it will all be over....!! x

HSMM Wed 29-Jun-11 21:44:59

I don't have a stair gate and the inspectors have always been quite happy about it. I wouldn't bank on your inspector being gone by 12 ... sometimes they like to stay and observe lunch! (and then go and sit in the car to eat their sandwiches)

bigdonna Thu 30-Jun-11 15:59:28

all over now sthe inspector came late at 10 and left by 12.i got a good which i am pleased with as i give my kids 100% but not my paperwork!i also had looked at my first aid certificate wrong and it had run out,i rang up the training people then and got booked on acourse!!!thankyou ladies

HSMM Thu 30-Jun-11 20:34:35

Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now