Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sympathy please

(7 Posts)
fivesacrowd Wed 29-Jun-11 18:58:37

Just spent lovely sunny day at farm park with my 3dcs and 2 mindees without any problems, came home and had them all playing in my garden when about 2 mins before mindees mum arrived to collect them - my dd1 climbed up ladder of slide, swung her legs round and caught mindee on lip. While I was dealing with bleeding lip, smaller mindee trip over a slab and bumped his head. So mum arrived at door and I had one with ice pack on head and one with swollen lip. Mum was lovely about it and comforted them both and said not to worry about it but as a born worrier, I'm stressing over how I record it all. Have only been doing this for short while and never had injured child before so - does it get recorded as an incident or and accident?

kaj32 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:23:19

I can sympathise!

I'm a new minder and have one part timer (more starting in September though, thankfully).

The first day I had my part timer she fell over and banged her head leaving a lump and a bruise. My shiney new accident book arrived only half an hour before it happened sad

I would record it as an accident, although I'm sure a more experienced minder will be along shortly to confirm how to record it.

Now go get a large wine and a biscuit

AMYJ1234 Wed 29-Jun-11 19:27:53

Yes, record it as an accident! DONT WORRY - they happen!! They sound like they've had a brilliant day - dont let this ruin yours-sounds like you've done a fantastic job with them today! xxx

RosieGirl Wed 29-Jun-11 20:12:14

Don't worry, I also hate it when mindee's get injured, feel terrible explaining circumstances, but it comes with the territory. Note it down in you incident/accident records. Then write a glowing report (if you do diaries) about the wonderful day you had at the farm.

HSMM Wed 29-Jun-11 21:47:02

Yes to incident/accident record.

I had a child on a first visit go home with a bite mark. I was surprised they ever came back, but they did.

KatyMac Wed 29-Jun-11 21:59:38

I use a receipt book - this sort of thing but cheaper from tesco....for my accident book

Copy for the parent & the one in the book for me

I record child's name, date & time, what happened, what you did & is there anything you could prevent it happening again (usually nothing but your accident book should inform your risk assessment)

fivesacrowd Thu 30-Jun-11 17:58:27

Thanks lovely experienced cms. Txted mum last night cos just wanted to check the dc were OK and to say thanks for the lovely flowers and card she brought with her when she picked them up all bumped and bruised - they are on hols now so won't be back for a few weeks. She says not to worry and they are fine - probably in a better state than me - I hate when my own dc get hurt and its just as bad if not worse when its someone elses dc who they've trusted me to look after. Just need to toughen up - its hard this cm stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now