Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

If something happened to one of your mindees when they were with their parents

(10 Posts)
Saltire Wed 29-Jun-11 11:25:30

that resulted in child services getting involved, do OFSTED need to know?

nannynick Wed 29-Jun-11 13:34:28

No I don't think so as it didn't occur whilst the child was in your care or on your property.

Saltire Wed 29-Jun-11 14:27:41

Thanks Nick, I wasn't sure if I need to or not!

minderjinx Wed 29-Jun-11 16:07:10

If they have been hurt at home, you should get the parents to sign an existing injury form stating how and in what way they were hurt and what medical action or advice they took. If the child has any lasting emotional or behavioral issues as a result of whatever the incident at home was, you should also log these as incidents (for example if they are unusually weepy, withdrawn, aggressive etc or perhaps talk about or re-enact the home incident).

Saltire Thu 30-Jun-11 08:00:20

No injuries and it didn't happen at home. Just not sure, never had a situation liek this before

KatyMac Thu 30-Jun-11 08:02:18

Ring OFSTED & ask them

I'd ring your insurance company too

But then I'm normally over cautious

Saltire Thu 30-Jun-11 10:00:43

Katy - it didn't happen in my home either, or in my presence,so my insurance company shouldn't need to know as it doesn't affect me and I'm unlikely to get involved in any (potential) court case

KatyMac Thu 30-Jun-11 10:27:02

Maybe children's services are the people to ask

anewyear Sat 02-Jul-11 20:12:21

Nothing happened whilst they were in your care.
I would leave it.
Having been in the position just recentley of having to call Ofsted and having Social Services informed
(case has been closed & no action taken with re to SS)
just recently with re to one parents concern (not a complaint) with re to a another mindee, its been hell to be honest, with re to Ofsted still not closed.
I wouldnt go that way unless absolutly nessacary.
I would tho, write it all down for you own records,so its there for you to refer back to, Just in case.
Just my own touhts on the subject smile

anewyear Sat 02-Jul-11 20:13:15

Thoughts...even!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now