Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Questions about being preg and our cm.

(2 Posts)
harassedandherbug Tue 28-Jun-11 16:36:19

My nearly 5yrs old dd is at a cm part time: she takes to school 4 mornings a week, collects 1 afternoon a week and covers holidays etc.

I'm 14 wks preg and just have a couple of questions about what should/may happen:

I'm planning on finishing work at the beginning of Dec, and having dd at home with me whilst I'm on mat leave. Tbh it's going to be very tight for us so I'm not going to be able to afford to use cm!

So:
do I give my notice as if she's leaving?

In an ideal world I'd like dd and baby to both go to cm when I return to work, but obviously she can't plan around me.

What normally happens in circumstances like these please? Trying to get some idea before I actually talk to her.

HSMM Tue 28-Jun-11 17:19:16

Just tell your CM exactly what you've told us. She may be happy to save the space for you unpaid, but it is unlikely (she probably needs the income). If it was me, I would ask you to give notice of when you were leaving, so I could try and fill the vacancy (as you have already said you can't pay while you are off). Having said that ... for children and families I have worked with in the past, I have tried to fill the space with temporary contracts, or children who were due to start school very soon, so I was able to continue with the same family afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now