Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

A bit of an AIBU...bloody DH and Ofsted

(11 Posts)
WhenCanIWine Sun 26-Jun-11 19:30:58

Would you be pissed off with him? He booked a lads weekend away for this weekend months ago, no issue with that; sods law Ofsted ring me and so I had my inspection last Friday. I haven't seen DH since Friday morning, tho did speak briefly on the phone Friday eve so he knows my grade and knows I was unhappy with the experience. He comes home in a grump this afternoon and has yet to ask me anything about how Friday went and why I was unhappy. I am offended by his lack of interest. Am I being over sensitive..?

Perhaps this should be in AIBU but Im not brave enough grin

Adagoo Sun 26-Jun-11 19:32:43

yes. he's probably got a hangover and you should say something if you are upset, he's not a bloody mindreader. Tsk.

WhenCanIWine Sun 26-Jun-11 19:38:53

Have said something. He is now sulking. Shouldn't it be me who is sulking? confused

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 26-Jun-11 19:41:57

oh dear

rather than bottle it up, why not fill him in with the details? he might be a bit, you know, frightened to ask you as you've already indicated you are unhappy with the inspection

do you want to tell us about friday ? sad

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 26-Jun-11 19:42:30

ooops, stupid slow sausage fingers, sorry

WhenCanIWine Sun 26-Jun-11 19:48:32

Thanks Boys, its not that I got a bad grade (I got a good which I am pleased wit , honestly!) its just that I had worked so hard and had so much stuff to show her and she wasn't interested. She just sat down, said she had boxes to fill in (and showed me them!) and said that she needed to crack on. She didnt read my SEF which took HOURS! She read less than half of everythign else eg polices, parent questionnaire, daily diaries, I could go on. Im being daft, who needs someone hanging around for hours, but she was gone in two hours because of another appointment so she never had any intention of really looking at what I had to show. It was my first ofsted I guess I expected someone as rigorous as I feel we are expected to be.

As for DH. Well, he's rarely interested in anything, another thread entirely I guess.

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 26-Jun-11 19:51:04

awwwwwwwwwwwwww it's kind of disappointing to not have had the opportunity to show all your stuff

well done you

anewyear Mon 27-Jun-11 11:40:28

If it makes you feel any better, at my very 1st grading inspection,
When the Inspector turned up(15mins early) she told me her manager was coming along shortly as she was being inspected too!!
They were here for just over 4 hours.
They sat in my dining room and didnt move.
I too worked hard too make sure everything was in place.
The LO I was looking after (he was 8mths) and I sat in there with them the whole time,
They too never asked to see any thing, portfolio, daily diaries etc etc although it was all on the table in front of them, neither did they ask to see me interacting with the LO.
They did ask me a few questions, and said at the end how good the LO was, but they basically sat there and talked about my inspector!

RosieGirl Mon 27-Jun-11 13:25:43

Well done on getting a good. grin Maybe she didn't spend too much time looking at your paperwork as she got a good feeling about you overall. I think they have been "blitzing" areas to catch up, I was nearly a year overdue and the inspector was staying in a local hotel.

Is your DH usually supportive about your job? Mine isn't so I wouldn't be too surprised if he showed only basic interest.

It sounds like he has something else on his mind, did something happen on his weekend away maybe? (I am only thinking about a disagreement with one of his friends - nothing sinister)

thebody Mon 27-Jun-11 21:12:00

tell dh you are giving up work to be a sahm as he doesnt seem supportive of your business and you just want to please him!!!! that should get the bugger interested... men aye!!

well done with your grade.. I sometimes think that ofsted are as pissed off with all the crap as we are so that might be it..

my inspector saw 3 children all walk up to me at different times and give me a huge hug.. she said thats why i got a good....sensible lady...

flippant answer i know.. if dh isnt generally supportive then you need to sit him down and talk properly.. good luck..

Flisspaps Mon 27-Jun-11 21:15:17

Well done you. Tell him to stop sulking.

I wonder if it was the same person who did my 20 minute pre reg inspection. I'm hoping I get her for the same sort of speedy graded inspection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now