Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Becoming a childminder - several questions

(8 Posts)
CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Sun 26-Jun-11 13:46:24

Hi everyone

I am considering becoming a childminder. But haven't a clue where to start. I guess my first step would be to contact the local council's childcare department?

Also, I had PND a few years ago after the birth of my second child but am fine now and haven't been on Anti d's since. Would this be a problem for me becoming a childminder?

Also one last question, how do I convince my DH that it's a good idea?

Thanks smile

Reality Sun 26-Jun-11 13:51:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Sun 26-Jun-11 13:53:46

Thanks Reality. Out of interest, what is included in the medical?

Reality Sun 26-Jun-11 15:53:53

CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Sun 26-Jun-11 17:03:34

Thanks Reality, it doesn't sound too bad then smile

My main worry was that I would have to have blood tests, which I absolutely hate, so if I don't have to have them then it should be a doddle!

I've just had a little chat with hubby and he says he's fine with it if I want to give it a go. I was thinking of possibly going down the "minding older children after school" route so that I can have the day with my 2 year old DS and then just have mindees here once my older children are home from school, and of course in the school holidays.

CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Sun 26-Jun-11 18:37:59

Another quick question, how do you actually go about finding mindees? Are you allowed to advertise or do you have to just get new mindees from appearing on your local authority's childcare register?

Reality Sun 26-Jun-11 18:41:00

CallMeBubblesEverybodyDoes Mon 27-Jun-11 09:23:25

Great, thanks for that, Reality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now