Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Totallychildcare - how do I un-register?!

(11 Posts)
confuseddotcodotuk Sat 25-Jun-11 19:58:02

I signed up to totallychildcare as it offered a service for meeting other nannies apparently, but it's a bloody awful site, how do I get off of it?!

nannynick Sat 25-Jun-11 21:16:26

If it does not give option to delete profile when you are logged in, I would suggest contacting the site admin by completing the contact us form - top right of home page.

confuseddotcodotuk Sat 25-Jun-11 22:05:53

I did in the end, as I couldn't even change my email address on it.

Weird site.

confuseddotcodotuk Sat 25-Jun-11 22:06:21

But if anybody does know how to get off of it still, I'd be very grateful!

ytseb Sun 26-Jun-11 17:55:21

I think it is a con site. You can't contact anybody properly and a friend of mine couln't get rid of her email address and profile. Stay well clear

confuseddotcodotuk Sun 26-Jun-11 19:40:13

ytseb: I wish I'd asked about it first now! sad the forum is dead too and I don't like the fact I can't even change my email to an old email address! Won't sign up to anything with my gmail ever again lol

nannynick Sun 26-Jun-11 20:01:07

Use Childcare.co.uk for jobs and use NannyJob Forum for meeting other nannies.

ytseb Sun 26-Jun-11 20:14:56

Hi again
I've just had a look at that website, it's called the same but is different set up to what I saw before. It was a few months ago, but I dont know whether they have redone their website. I noticed they have a mobile number to contact and an address, did you try both, some bit's of it look the same though as the awful site that was on the web before...... Just be cautious When did you sign up to it?

confuseddotcodotuk Sun 26-Jun-11 20:55:04

I'm on nannyjob, just looking for other places to meet nannies as well really, can never hurt to have a couple of places smile Not looking for work though, I joined the site as it advertised this service to contact other nannies.

ytseb: I'm usually the one telling people to be cautious online! grin I didn't put any details, just my email address (stupidly my new one which hasn't been attacked by spam so far!). I emailed them asking them how to change my email as I figured they wouldn't reply if I told them I wanted to delete my account.

Oligo Mon 27-Jun-11 21:51:46

I too had problems with this site. They kept saying they'd found me a job match and sending me part time jobs in devon/abroad etc. (I'm in London and had filled in so much detail when asked what I was looking for).

I complained and first they said they were sorting out the site problems but they never stopped and ignored many subsequent emails from me.

Eventually I gave them a last warning and said I would report them for spam/harassment etc. and requested they not pass on my details to third parties. Then they finally responded and removed my profile etc. The site was recommended by what sounded like a very nice agency on the phone. I thought they were involved with it in some way as some of the jobs were the same as the agency. Only can't 100% remember what agency it was.

This is the email i used:
mailto:info@totallychildcare.com

confuseddotcodotuk Mon 27-Jun-11 23:07:31

I got a response from them earlier (forgot about it until now!):

Query:
I'd like to change my email address but cannot, I click the button that states 'change email or password' but it just refreshes the page. How do I do this?

Dear Ms ns

If I could have the program you are using with your computer I will get the technical team to look in to it for you.

Regards
Joanne Totally Childcare

That was it. I responsed firefox as I assumed she meant browser. I've tried it on IE and Chrome too to no effect, so it's certainly not my browser doing this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now