Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much should I charge

(3 Posts)
ytseb Sat 25-Jun-11 09:41:33

I'm a nanny with several years experience, but could someone advice me on what salary to expect for looking after new born twins and a toddler.

Depends on area

but nanny wages are per family so whether it was for 1 or 5 children pay is still the same.

I would say if no twin experience and looking to get twin experience go for lower end of salary range

Depending on your qualifications and how many years nanny experience and of what age group anything from £6-£12 an hr gross

nannynick Sat 25-Jun-11 14:42:34

It depends on how much the parents feel they are able to pay. If what they can pay is less than what you can afford to live on you are not going to accept the job.

Have the parents given any indication of a Gross salary they are prepared to offer?

Location can make a difference, London and other cities can be quite a bit higher than outside of London, even only just a few miles out. Where I am in West Surrey/East Berkshire - just outside M25 - I would expect £10 per hour Gross or around that mark given the experience you have.

However see my thread from earlier this week about salaries... Newly qualified live-out nanny salary. It is hard to know what sort of salary is appropriate for a nanny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now